Transfer Student Requirements
Carson-Newman College seeks students who have demonstrated the ability and motivation to gain full benefit from a demanding program of liberal arts education in a Christ-centered context and who will contribute to the campus community as a whole. Students are considered for admission based largely on their academic credentials along with additional factors that demonstrate probability of college success. Admissions decisions are made by the Carson-Newman College Office of Admissions and/or the Admissions Review Committee. For questions, feel free to Contact Your Representative or email email@example.com.
Candidates seeking transfer admission should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
• Completed application for admission
• Official college transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
• Official High School transcript and ACT and/or SAT scores
o Applicants who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours of transferable credit (after high school graduation) must submit high school transcript and test scores.
• Transfer Student Judicial Check Record Form
• List of activities/honors (recommended)
• Recommendation letters (optional)
Transfer admissions decisions are based on the following:
• Academic Record and Cumulative GPA
• Academic and Disciplinary standing at current and former institutions
• High School coursework and ACT or SAT scores (if required)
• Other factors such as:
o Extracurricular or leadership activities
o Special talents or skills
o Recommendations from teachers and/or counselors
1646 Russell Avenue | Jefferson City, TN 37760 | Phone: 865.471.3223 | Fax: 865.471.4817
Website Powered by ActiveCampus™ Software by Datatel, Inc.